Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Flamers for the Vigilanti

So I was recently reviewing the ranks of the 219th Vigilanti Honour Guard (the fully painted mongrel Imperial Guard army I picked up secondhand from a family friend) and organizing them into a codex-legal army in their own right. End result, I need to build 4 sergeants for the infantry squads, a full command squad to lead the 2nd platoon, and a standard bearer and medic for Capt. Tellap's company command squad.

I also noticed the classic flamers that two of the special weapon troopers in the infantry squads were armed with. While I do bear a hefty amount of respect for classic models (especially the metal Cadians), I'm not a fan of the old-style flamers and they had to go. Don't worry though, I kept one un-converted for archival purposes.



This shot shows the archival trooper on the left, and on the right, the flame-trooper prepped for conversion; I've trimmed and filed away the conical flamer nozzle, and cut the nozzle and pipes off of a plasic Catachan flamer.



As this pic shows, it's pretty much a perfect fit!



All that was left to do was drill holes in the larger pipe and the main bit of the flamer, and pin them together. The pic above is the finished flame-trooper. Job's a good'un! I have one more of these guys to do, and many Revilers still to paint, so pics of those are upcoming. In other news, I'm still waiting on a bitz shipment from Nebraska, so work on the supplementary Vigilanti and the entirety of the 524th Aeshaettar is on hold until then.

No comments: