Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Accidents & Sternguard Veterans






Picked up a box of the new Sternguard Vets yesterday to add to my Space Marine Army. However, I got a little surprise when I opened up the box...

As you can see in the pic, the guy in the centre is most definitely not a Sternguard Veteran. Through some odd packaging error, I ended up with 4 Sternguard and 1 Vanguard Veteran.

No matter, though, as I happened to have enough bitz lying around to convert a bolter for him, complete with scope and box mag so he'll match up with his buddies.

Below is a shot of the bitz I used: a bolter and scope off the SM Tactical sprue, a pistol hand, and a box mag from one of the Assault On Black Reach Terminators.



Below is a shot of the finished bolter. Now all I have to do is get it pinned to the Vet's wrist, and prime and paint all five of them (and my Drop Pod) for the Winter WAAAGH! next Sunday. Cheers!


No comments: