Sunday, November 1, 2009

Magnetizing Space Hulk Termies - and some changes...

Howdy, folks, I'm back... in the midst of a busy grade 12 year, I've once again found time to devote to my beloved hobby. First off - a few changes 'round the blog. Having noticed that my hobby adventures have a tendency to turn magnetic, I've renamed the blog Magnet Addict - because I do love me some magnets. Preferably the rare-earth kind. I've also gotten bored of the rather plain "The Workbench". The blog can now be reached at http://magnetaddict.blogspot.com. And now, to the post! More fun with magnets - and Space Hulk Terminators!

So, a friend of mine and I split the Space Hulk box back in September when it was released - I got the Termies, and am currently holding on to the floor tiles and counters, he got the Genestealers. Now, I was just as excited at the prospect of including these beautiful Terminators in my Revilers army - so I promptly filed off all the obvious Blood Angels insignia. This, however, left me with the problem of basing. Simply gluing them to 40mm bases wouldn't do, because then they wouldn't fit next to each other on the Space Hulk board. My solution was to take two small rare earth magnets and put one in the terminator, and one in a blank 40mm base - like so.



This allows me to have them legally based for 40k, as well as maintaining the ease of movement for Space Hulk. The magnets fit flush to each other, and hold on well enough to stand up to the rigours of tabletop play.



That's one down - now I have the other eleven to base, and paint. They'll join the rest of my Revilers on the painting table. I hope to get most (if not all!) of them finished for the 28-29 of November, when my local(ish) GW is running a 500+ point escalation tournament, and a 1250 pt Planetstrike tourney - with a Fortress of Redemption up for grabs! So, back to painting - Tactical marines, Devastators, and a Termie Librarian... or two...

Until next time.

1 comment:

Tristan M said...

Awesome stuff - I have done similar with mine. Keep us up to date as to how you get on.